Do you use an email marketing softwares we don't directly integrate with? Or do you want to be able to connect to SalesForce or a calling application like CallDrip? Learn how you can connect to over 500 different softwares and applications using our Zapier integration! Watch the video or follow the steps below to get started!
NOTE! You will need to set up your quiz before moving on to these steps. In order to send quiz data properly, make sure you quiz has the same lead capture fields and questions that it will have when it is live!
Setting Up a Zap:
1. Log into your Zapier account or sign up for free
2. Start by making a new Zap, you can do this from the dashboard screen in Zapier by clicking the orange button at the top of the screen that says MAKE A ZAP!
3. In the Zap editor, the first thing you will need to do is Choose a Trigger App, you will need to choose Webhooks by Zapier
4. The Webhook trigger you will be using is a Catch Hook, select it and press Save+Continue
5. You can skip the next optional step (Pick off a Child Key) since this does not apply
6. (This next step is essential and may require some troubleshooting to get working correctly but you can always reach out to LeadQuizzes support for help)
At this point, Zapier has generated a new webhook URL for you to send lead data, but it needs to know what this data looks like. Copy this webhook URL and in another browser tab or window login to your LeadQuizzes account.
7. In LeadQuizzes navigate to the integrations page and find Zapier under All Integration Options - press connect
8. In the pop-up box, there is a space for the Webhook URL you generated and a place where you can name it ( you are able to connect as many Zapier webhooks as you want ) fill these in and hit connect.
9. Zapier will now show as one of your connected apps.
10. You can now edit your quiz and connect it to this Zapier webhook on the configure step.
Notice there is no General Segmentation or Outcome Segmentation available with Zapier, this is something that will be handled later on the Zapier website
11. Once you have connected your quiz (making sure to enable all the form fields you want to use), go ahead take the quiz and submit a lead capture. (make sure your quiz is published, otherwise, this will NOT work)
11. When the lead has been submitted return to Zapier and press OK, I did this
12. If the data was sent successfully your screen should look like this:
However, you need to make sure that all of the data is being sent, and that it is formatted correctly.
You can do this by clicking view your hook
Here you can see all of the data being sent from the quiz you just took. You won't need a lot of the data but if you are sending it to email responder software one piece you will need is email.
If your data looks good then you can press continue to finish setting up the trigger portion
NOTE! If you are testing your hook with Facebook lead capture make sure that the lead data exists here, this may take a few tries, if your screen looks like the following you need to Re-Test Webhooks button:
Setting up the Action
This next steps will vary depending on what you want to do with your lead data. For the purposes of this documentation, I will show you how to connect to Mailchimp.
1. First, choose Mailchimp from Zapier's exhaustive list of Action Apps, if you have never used Zapier before or connected the app you would like to use then you will have to set up this integration, luckily Zapier has documentation for how to do this
2. When Mailchimp is connected you have several action options. For most email responders you will want to select the Add / Update Subscriber action (the label may vary here).
3. Next, select the Mailchimp account you would like to connect to, or Connect a New Account
4. The next step will vary a lot depending on the app you are connecting to. For Mailchimp there are only two required fields; the list you want to add the contact to, and the contact's email address. First and last name fields are also usual here by default, however, additional fields usually have to be set up in the app you are connecting to.
Here you have to map the fields to their correct data counterpart, Email = Email, First Name = First Name and so on
5. When you have mapped all of the fields you can continue and Zapier will test the connection. If the test is successful you will see a success message like the one below