Custom Lead Forms
ustom Lead Form is a LeadQuizzes feature that allows you to customize, and add more fields to your lead capture form. This article covers the steps for creating, using and editing a custom lead form.
How to Create a Custom Lead Form
To create a custom lead form for your quizzes follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Form Builder page by clicking “Form Builder” in the navigation section as shown below.
2. Click “Create New Form” button
3. The default name of the custom lead form is “Untitled Form”. You can change this by clicking “Untitled Form” and change to the name that you want to use.
4. Add the fields that you want to include in your lead form by dragging & dropping the fields into “Step 1” as seen below.
You can change the label or name of the field and the placeholder text that is displayed for each field by typing in the corresponding box as shown below. You will see a preview to the right and once done updated, just click “Close” to select and add more fields.
You also have the option of duplicating or deleting the fields. To do that simply hover on the field and select the corresponding button of the action you want to complete.
To duplicate a field, click the “duplicate” button and the field will be added at the bottom of your lead form.
You can rearrange the order of the fields by hovering on the field that you want to move, then click and hold the left part of the box (as shown below) to drag and drop to its new position.
To delete a field, click the “Delete” button and hit “Yes” to confirm.
5. After adding the fields, the next step is to set the “Call to Action” label or text for your lead form by clicking the “Click to set Call to Action” button.
6. Once you have all of the fields you would like added save your form by clicking the “Save Form” button.
To create a custom form while creating or editing a quiz:
1. Click “Leads” in the navigation.
2. Make sure that “Lead Capture” is Enabled and “Lead Capture Form” is selected as “Lead Capture Type”.
3. Scroll down the page and you will see the “Create Custom Form” button. Click on it and a new window will pop up that will allow you to create a custom form.
4. Follow Steps 3 to 6 above to create a custom form.
You now have an option to divide your lead form into multiple steps. This is usually recommended if you want to add more fields and ask more information about your quiz takers.
To create a custom form with multiple steps:
1. Click the "+" button in the custom lead form you created. This will create an additional step in your custom lead form.
2. Drag & Drop the fields that you want to have in this step as you did in the first part of the step.
3. Set the Call to Action label by clicking “Click to set Call to Action” button
Repeat the steps if you want to create more steps in your lead form. Don’t forget to Click “Save Form” button to save your form.
How to Use a Custom Lead Form
1. When creating or editing a quiz, navigate to the “Leads” page.
2. Again, make sure that “Lead Capture Form” is Enabled and “Lead Capture Form” is selected as “Lead Capture Type”.
3. Scroll down the page and select the name of the form that you want to use in the “Select Form Type” dropdown box.
4. Click the “Save & Create Offers” button.
How to Edit a Custom Lead Form
In the Form Builder section of the software, look for the name of the custom form that you want to edit. Click on the Pencil button to edit the form.
If you are in the middle of creating or editing your quiz and want to edit your selected custom form, just click Edit Form link below the “Select Form Type” dropdown box.
Once you’re done editing your custom lead form, click “Save Changes” button to save the changes. Note that the changes will be applied to all quizzes that are using the custom lead form that you have just edited.
***NOTE: If you are using the Custom Lead Forms you will need to integrate using Zapier in order to have all of the lead capture data sent over to your email software or CRM. If you have trouble connecting just let us know and we are happy to help! ****