Connecting your LeadQuizzes account to your MailChimp account is vital to not only improving the engagement of your leads, but for segmenting them and sending content specific to their needs. Watch the video or follow these step by step instructions to connect your MailChimp account!
- Login to your LeadQuizzes account and go to the "Integrations" section on the lefthand side.
2. Select "MailChimp" from the list of options.
3. Enter in your MailChimp username and API key to the appropriate fields.
4. Click "Connect"
How Can I Find My MailChimp Username?
1. Log into your MailChimp account. Your MailChimp username is what you use to log into your account. If you do not know your Username you can follow the process below.
2. Select the drop down menu under your name and click Account.
3. Select Settings
4. select Contact Information and your username will appear below.
Using a company MailChimp account that you are an admin of? Follow the steps below to your username.
1. Log into your MailChimp account.
2. Click the drop down arrow in the top right hand corner. Select "Profile" from the drop down.
3. Under "Username" you will find your username for your account. Note this may be different then the company username, but this is the correct username to use.
How Can I Find My MailChimp API Key?
1. To find your API Key login to your MailChimp account and select the drop down menu under your name and click Account.
2. Go to Extras and select API Keys
3. Your current API Keys will show below, simply copy and paste the API Key into LeadQuizzes or select Create a Key to make a new custom API Key for LeadQuizzes.
4. Once you have your key just copy and paste into LeadQuizzes.
How Can I Segment My Leads In MailChimp?
Setting up segmentation for your leads is easy with LeadQuizzes! Just follow the steps below.
1. Connect your MailChimp account to LeadQuizzes.
2. Create a new quiz or edit a quiz you already have created in your dashboard.
3. On the Configure page of the quiz builder. Click on Integration and select MailChimp.
4. From the General Segmentation drop down select the MailChimp list that you would like all quiz takers to be added to.
5. After you have completed the necessary fields on that page, click Save & Create Outcomes.
6. Finish creating your quiz and publish it so the changes will be saved and your leads will now be added automatically to your MailChimp account.
***Note: If you would like the quiz result or phone number added to the contact record in MailChimp follow the steps below***
- Login to your MailChimp account.
- Navigate to your list in MailChimp
- From here click on the settings dropdown
- Select the option named "List fields and *|MERGE|* tags"
- On this page click on the "Add A Field" button and select "Phone" from the menu that opens if you would like to add a phone number and "Text" if you would like to collect a quiz result.
- This will add a row to your fields. You can name the field any name you would like, but the value you enter into the other input must be "PHONE" for phone or "QUIZRESULT" for quiz result.
- Once this is done click save changes and your contacts will have either their phone number (if asked for in the quiz) or their quiz result added to their MailChimp contact record.